This is of course, is during a normal year. This year will be very different!
Adding to the normative ebb and flow of the Blue Monday season, the fears and outcomes of COVID-19 and the subsequent restrictions, have already and will continue to make this coming month one of the darkest mentally, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually.
Mountainview Church (Whitehorse) is partnering with Village Church (Vancouver) to bring light to the North, during one of the darkest seasons of the year.
At the end of January, we will be creating and distributing 200 “Boxes of Light” to Whitehorse residents struggling with addition, depression, and mental illness.
They will contain a number of gifts to bless them and bring them hope, as well as a uniquely designed help-card containing local contacts and hotlines to keep and help them reach out in their time of need. Even the box itself will be designed as something that they will want to keep, to contain help and hope when they need it. However, we can’t achieve this on our own!
We could use your help in one of the following areas:
1. Purchasing / Donating items to be placed in the boxes. (Still looking for the following items; no used items will be received.)
- candles or candle holders
- tea lights, book lights or small flash lights
- colouring books or pencil crayons (gender neutral)
- notebooks or pens (gender neutral)
- Light or Sun Themed Candy or Chocolate
- __________________ (Other small useful gift; gender neutral.)
2. Packing boxes the day before distribution. (Packing on January 30th.)
3. Transporting boxes to our designated distribution points. (Distribution on January 31st.)
If you’re planning on attending and participating in any of our packing projects, please click the button below to complete the Boxes of Light Volunteer form. Thank you for helping us bring the Light of Jesus to the North!